The purpose of the cargo control is to provide a safe operation of all flights with regard to the weight and balance of the aircraft. We must ensure that dangerous goods and / or special loads are loaded according to the regulations. If we carry your luggage properly, we ensure that passenger baggage is delivered promptly upon arrival and the transfer of luggage that is connected to other flights is granted. The charge control can be performed manually or in an EDP system. Every load controller must be capable of issuing manual documents in case of system failures. Below you will find the purpose of the documents to be issued for each flight.
The objective of the pre-calculation is:
– Calculation of the estimated volume and weight needed to load the luggage and the mail.
– Better economic offer to the loading department on the weight and volume available for the load.
– Calculation of the estimated weight of the aircraft. The dispatcher or commander needs this information to calculate the amount of fuel needed for a flight.
– According to these calculations, we can prepare to take into account the possible considerations in case of weight or volume problems.
The pre-calculation is mandatory in the case of manual loading sheets, if the load sheet is calculated in an EDP system, it is optional.
The purpose of the loading instruction is to distribute the planned load for a flight making sure:
– The aircraft will be loaded according to our instructions.
– The center of gravity will be within the given limits.
– It avoids making a plane tail jump.
– Various dangerous cargoes and cargo are loaded according to instructions.
– The load is loaded and downloaded in the correct sequence of priorities.
The purpose of the loading sheet is:
– Calculation of the weight of the actual load in an aircraft, making sure that the structural and operational weight limits of the aircraft are not exceeded.
– Aircraft gravity calculation center, making sure that the aircraft's balance is within the limits.
– Information to the crew about weight, balance and passengers on an airplane.
Notification to the captain
Notification to the captain (NOTOC) shows all dangerous goods and the various special loads that are loaded on an airplane. This information is important for the crew to take into account the correct procedure in case of incidents.
Post the necessary messages after the departure of the plane.
– Security always has the first priority!
– The priority sequence of economic timeliness and comfort of passengers depends on the situation.
– The correct application of the load control rules takes precedence over other station work, including punctuality.